Finance Team Member
Financial reporting and audit activities
- Collect and provide financial information to Fund Admin for quarterly financial reporting
- Assist with annual audits by managing auditor information requests, drafting footnotes, and requesting information from our Fund Admin
- Assist with annual K-1 reporting and tax return information requests
- Work with Accountants to review and submit annual 1099 reporting
Monitoring different funds’ finances and investments
- Track investment information and valuation updates within portfolio database
Firm operations and finance activities
- Manage billing and cash receipts processes
- Monitor expenses and suggest productivity improvements and/or expense saving initiatives
- Work with managing partners to develop the annual budget and plan
Building Relationships with LPs
- Prepare inbound audit confirmations from LP’s audit firms
- Assist with ad hoc LP financial information requests
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- CFA / CPA, or equivalent, preferred but not required
- Minimum 6 years experience in an accounting role, with minimum 4 years of partnership accounting
- VC / Hedge Fund experience or Fund Admin / Accounting experience
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Flexible, collaborative, and proactive: a team member who can positively and productively work on projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience or curiosity with cryptocurrencies
- Competitive compensation package, including a $100 - 300K salary depending on seniority and other compensation package components.
- Fund participation. You will have the opportunity to participate in the Electric fund, giving you early exposure to promising companies and projects.
- Satisfy your intellectual curiosity by pioneering in a new field that’s moving at the speed of light.
About Electric Capital
Electric Capital (www.electriccapital.com) is a top early-stage venture firm investing in cryptocurrencies, blockchain, fintech, and marketplaces. We are based in San Francisco, California.