Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Espresso's mission is to bring Web3 applications like decentralized finance, NFTs, and DAOs to the mainstream by making them cheaper, scalable, and more private for users.
The Espresso Sequencer supports the decentralization of layer-2 (L2) rollups in the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond. It handles the decentralized sequencing and data availability of rollup transactions, functioning as a middleware between underlying layer-1 (L1) platforms and any zkVM or optimistic VM.
In addition to scalability, Espresso supports applications with greater privacy guarantees than exist in today's smart contract ecosystems. Leveraging zero-knowledge proofs, Espresso has developed the Configurable Asset Privacy (CAP) protocol that allows developers to determine what transactional data remains private and for whom.
Contributors to Espresso comprise a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building a better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed in academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30mm in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a Cryptography Engineer, you will closely collaborate with fellow engineers and researchers to build cryptographic tools and libraries to bring Espresso's privacy and scalability infrastructure to the Ethereum ecosystem. Examples of work include Jellyfish, a top open-source implementation of the zero-knowledge proof system PLONK, and implementing cryptographic circuits for a private and auditable transaction system on Ethereum.
- Implement, test, and deploy cryptographic protocols and libraries
- Work with external auditors to evaluate security and safety of implementations
- Take engineering projects from concept and design to production, while working with engineering leaders and the product team to create sound and realistic roadmaps
- Deep understanding of applied cryptography
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience or equivalent cryptography development experience
- Understanding of software engineering and security best practices, in particular security of cryptographic implementations
- Experience shipping and taking engineering projects to production
- PhD in Computer Science with focus on cryptography
- Professional experience with Rust
- Experience working on blockchain infrastructure, e.g. a layer-1 blockchain
- Enthusiasm for the rapidly developing blockchain ecosystem
- Fully remote with flexible hours
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Regular team off-sites to international locations
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage for US employees
See more open positions at Espresso Systems
Something looks off?