People Relations Partner
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and our aim is to become a world leader in People Experience. We are now hiring a People Relations Partner to join our diverse and forward‐thinking global company.
This role is fully remote, and we are looking for an individual who is based in the Eastern Timezone or EMEA.
- Provide guidance and support to HR colleagues, business unit heads, Krakenites, and other leaders within the company on a wide range of employee relations matters, including performance management, conduct issues, and termination requests
- Lead conflict resolution, coaching and feedback sessions
- Conduct investigations into employee concerns and complaints, including Title VII cases, and prepare detailed reports on findings and recommendations
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and interpretation of the Company’s global HR policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with company policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations related to people relations and equal employment opportunity
- Develop and deliver training programs for managers and Krakenites on topics related to people relations
- Maintain accurate and complete records of people relations cases, including investigation notes and outcomes
- Work closely with legal counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures related to employee relations
- Responsible for identifying, reporting on, and responding to high risk/at-risk behavior in a global remote work environment
- Partners with IT, Payroll, and Legal to enhance our off-boarding procedures and ensure they are seamless and secure
Skills you HODL
- 3+ years of experience in an Employee or People Relations COE as an Investigator
- Good understanding of local employment law with a strong working knowledge of employment regulations in a variety of international locations
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills
- Comfortable handling sensitive information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexibly in order to provide adequate support across the company’s global footprint and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining
- HR protocols
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environment
- Relentlessly devoted to the "people experience" in all things
Nice to have
- Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Experience working with employees and contractors
- Experience working with HRIS and other HR - related software systems
- Tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, and "crypto values"
#EU #US #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?