Product Manager - Financial Operations
Accounting & Finance, Product, Operations
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
The Financial Operations Product Group is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and operation of the firm’s next-generation middle and back office transaction processing systems. The Financial Operations Product Group collaborates with product, finance, and operations groups across the firm to ensure efficient and accurate processing of all of the firm’s digital asset transactions. The ideal candidate has experience at a crypto-exchange, clearing or self-clearing broker-dealer. They have a background in middle and/or back-office operations, are data-driven, technically adept and have a proven track record of product management achievement.
The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and is able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. This position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Conduct business analysis of existing accounting, clearance and settlement processes, procedures, and policies
- Develop comprehensive solutions to drive product development
- Write technical PRDs, manage backlogs, and effectively prioritize new features vs. tech debt
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, site-maps, and process flows
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, accounting, finance, and operations to develop and steer product strategy, roadmaps, and business plans
- Work closely with key stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements are understood and implemented as requested
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
Skills you should HODL
- 7+ years experience in fintech or financial services as business analyst, product manager or project manager
- Experience at a crypto-exchange, clearing or self-clearing broker-dealer and a background in middle and/or back-office operations
- Experience with brokerage operations and accounting and the transaction lifecycle from order execution though clearance and settlement to final custody
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty, and humility. Desire to learn new skills and also share expertise
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter with first-principles thinking
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with obsessive attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience and knowledge of cryptocurrency is preferred. Interest and enthusiasm for cryptocurrency is a requirement
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know