Business Expansion Principal, Ecosystem Development
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
The Business Expansion (BE) function is Kraken’s inorganic growth engine, responsible for identifying and executing transactions that will accelerate the realization of our strategic vision. BE includes our Corporate Development, Business Development, and M&A Integration teams, who collectively work on M&A, joint ventures, partnerships, investments, and a range of other strategic initiatives.
As a Principal on our Business Expansion team, you’ll play a significant role in shaping and driving Kraken’s inorganic expansion efforts. The role requires someone with the rare combination of a strong analytical mindset, strategic acumen, expert-level storytelling skills, and the ability to grow and cultivate an expansive network across the crypto ecosystem. In other words, you’re equally comfortable being deep in the weeds on a financial model as you are presenting to an executive team or mingling with CEOs at an industry conference. You also have a strong understanding of M&A and strategic partnership formation - gained either as a prior practitioner or through significant exposure to Corporate and Business Development teams. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet!
- Author segment theses and strategy memos to inform Kraken’s inorganic expansion strategy across Corporate Development, Business Development, and beyond
- Develop, maintain, and improve qualitative and quantitative frameworks to facilitate and drive the evaluation of expansion opportunities (e.g., build/buy/partner analysis)
- Facilitate strategic prioritization decisions based on a wide range of inputs and consultations with stakeholders across the business
- Serve as the principal liaison between the Business Expansion team and critical product and business stakeholders across the organization
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with companies in key market segments and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to support our M&A and strategic partnership efforts
- Be Kraken’s “eyes and ears” in the market, attending major industry events and expanding our network, ensuring we stay on top of all major developments and trends
Skills you should HODL
- BA from a top-tier university; MBA a plus
- 12+ years of experience in venture capital, investment banking, consulting, corporate development, or strategy; product management experience is a bonus
- Deep crypto knowledge and an extensive network across the crypto ecosystem, including investors, early stage startups, and mature companies
- Exceptional analytical ability, attention to detail, and written / verbal communication skills – an ability to write clear, compelling presentations and memos and develop sound financial models is a must
- Strong executive presence, with a demonstrated track record of presenting to company leadership and building sound narratives that drive efficient decision making
- Self-starter with the ability to originate, plan, and execute initiatives independently
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know