Senior Counsel, Regulatory (Ireland)
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Join our growing regulatory legal team (16 professionals) working on matters such as advisory, licensing, regulatory inquiries and product set up - all to further Kraken’s mission.
This role is fully remote role for and Irish qualified attorney that is admitted to the Irish Roll of Solicitors or the Bar of Ireland
- Plan and implement company-wide regulatory strategy for rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Guide new product creation and regulatory acquisition strategy working with the product and strategy teams
- Work with prominent financial services regulators on cutting-edge regulatory issues
- Advise and consult with the business & control functions on their legal obligations under the EMRs, VASP regime and MICA
Skills you should HODL
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland
- 10+ years of relevant experience applying financial regulations, whether at a top law firm, in house, at a financial regulator or at an EU body
- Mindset that is team-oriented, plus proactive and entrepreneurial: an opportunity-making person who uses the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Experience both in-house and at a law firm
Location Tagging: #EU
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know