Software Engineer I - React - Web
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer I to join our growing Engineering team. In this role, you will work closely with your colleagues to develop and maintain our Web and Mobile user interfaces using React and React Native, respectively. We will accelerate your growth as an engineer, providing the opportunity to work with highly talented teams tasked with building scalable and high performance applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality web and mobile applications using React and React Native
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Design, and Backend Engineering, to ensure seamless integration of new features and improvements
- Write and maintain comprehensive unit tests and documentation
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our applications remain current and competitive
- Proactively focus on professional development to gain expertise in relevant areas
Skills you HODL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on web and mobile applications
- Aptitude and attitude for learning new technologies
- Experience writing unit, component and integration tests
- Understanding of web development architecture and design patterns, ability to implement maintainable and scalable web applications
- Familiar with software development processes, ability to follow best practices and standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others, providing and welcoming constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry and blockchain technology
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience with Next.js
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1 #LI-Remote #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know