Head of Accounting & Finance
We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to to make digital ownership universal to supercharge the internet economy. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We’re backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to people’s everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
Magic Eden is looking to bring on a Head of Accounting & Finance to lead our accounting & finance function and oversee critical aspects of our financial operations. Our ideal candidate should possess extensive experience in both corporate accounting and FP&A, preferably with some knowledge or interest in crypto. We are focused on candidates who have a proven track record of successfully building and leading high-performing finance teams, can apply first principles thinking to problems that may be unique to the industry and have the willingness to roll their sleeves up. This role is essential for ensuring that Magic Eden is equipped to scale for our next phase of growth.
- Provide strategic planning and direction for our accounting & finance functions
- Navigate and address complexities arising from decentralized financial structures, multi-currency revenue recognition, budgeting challenges, and financial reporting.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting processes, systems, and hygiene practices.
- Lead budgeting processes and manage cash flow effectively, including treasury management, to support operational needs and strategic initiatives and mitigate risk
- Ensure compliance with financial and tax obligations in multiple jurisdictions, addressing the nuances of a multi-entity business
- Implement and maintain clean and robust cost centers and general ledger structures.
- Drive financial structuring initiatives to support efficient and accurate reporting.
- Lead the management of the company's cap table for accuracy and transparency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align financial plans with business objectives.
- 12+ years of progressive experience with a track record of successfully scaling financial operations in a high growth startup environment in a leadership role.
- Strong foundation in finance practices, with experience in accounting principles and financial management
- Experience in crypto or cross-border businesses is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of successful financial leadership in complex and dynamic environments.
- In-depth knowledge of cryptocurrency regulations and emerging trends
- Excellent communication skills and effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; ideally with additional professional certifications (CPA, CFA)
Pay & Benefits:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (in the US)
Compensation for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $230,000-$280,000. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Eden’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.