Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Say hello to MobileCoin, the only sustainable payments platform that’s fast and simple enough for everyday private payments.
We’ve developed a fully private, distributed payments platform you can use every day to pay for anything while protecting your privacy and data. Though based on a cryptocurrency, the barrier to understanding, buying, and using crypto is huge for many, and we want to remove that barrier. It’s cryptocurrency designed to be used for secure payments, not to replace a currency, and we like to think it’s crypto that anyone can use. In a sense, MobileCoin is made for everyone.
MobileCoin is a private payment system that works directly with messaging apps on your phone or desktop. We want to empower each individual with the tools they need to communicate and connect. Through our encrypted blockchain payment system, MobileCoin gives you the ability to transact in private. In a world where your personal data is seen as a commodity, we believe that privacy should be a choice, and we choose to help protect that choice.
We are passionate about implementing scientific and mathematical methods to explore, isolate, and solve problems in the global financial markets while respecting user-privacy. We believe that career fulfillment and enterprise success converge when smart, hard-working, and intellectually curious people come together with a shared goal of innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
The Site Reliability Engineer will join MobileCoin's infrastructure team with a focus on system performance, reliability, and observability. You will work with the Head of Infrastructure and the engineering team to develop and grow the MobileCoin infrastructure to meet the demands of clients and node operators alike.
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned engineer and technologist to have a large impact in a senior and brilliant team at an early stage of development. It is an opportunity to hone and develop your skills in DevOps and software engineering in a system that is refreshingly and challengingly different from standard multi-tier web-based microservice systems.
- Maintain, monitor and improve our Kubernetes clusters
- Assist our development teams in running, packaging, deploying and troubleshooting applications
- Work with developers on streamlining deployment processes with Jenkins and other tooling
- Be responsible for maintenance and improvements to multiple internal services, for example Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Logging
- Monitor, triage and respond to alerts in our 24/7/365 environment
- Participate in design and code reviews, and ensure that the foundation for our services is best in class
- Evaluate new technologies, design and implement as appropriate
- Identify automation opportunities and implement by creating custom or by using off the shelf solutions
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience of working in cloud-based systems operations, as a Linux systems administrator, SRE or DevOps engineer
- You’re very comfortable with Linux command line
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes
- You have extensive experience with Docker (building and running containers), and container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- You have experience with Prometheus and Grafana (preferred), or other monitoring systems (InfluxDB, StatsD, Graphite, etc)
- Experience with CI pipelines and Jenkins
- You are security minded and follow standard security best-practices (least-privilege, common attack defenses, etc)
- You have a good understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP, load balancing, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, etc.)
- You have experience supporting production workloads and are familiar with monitoring concepts and tooling. You’re able to take part in an on-call rotation
- You're proficient in at least one scripting language and you are familiar with a few (Python, Bash, etc.)
- You're enthusiastic about working in a small, growing team, you are open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner
- You can work independently and are able to deliver results without supervision
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Rust and/or C/C++
- Experience with advanced CPU features in a container environment (SGX, GPU, etc)
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Annual bonus
- Blue-chip Healthcare Benefits
- Monthly Wellness, Food, Education & Tech Stipend
- 401k Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Unique opportunity to be an early part of a fast-growing Silicon Valley “unicorn”
Location: Open to remote candidates in the US
MobileCoin Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Colorado, New York, Washington, and California Pay Law
The target annual pay range for this position in Colorado, New York, Washington and California can range from $120,000 to $200,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401k), however, base pay offered may vary depending on skills, level, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
Something looks off?