DevOps & Automation Engineer
We are looking for a talented and eager DevOps and Automation Engineer with a background in public cloud environments, to design and develop our automation systems and testnet and mainnet infrastructure.
FULL TIME, 100% REMOTE (EU time zone)
Spacemesh is a fairly mined cryptocurrency that is permissionless, trustless, secure, andrace-free. Spacemesh is built and distributed asopen-source software and all software work done for Spacemesh is contributed to the world under a permissive software license.
To get a full sense of our motivation, vision, scope, and values pleasewatch this whiteboard video with our chief scientist, cryptography professor Tal Moran. To learn more about the platform from a tech perspective, please see the resourcesavailable here.
If you want to work on a layer-one project, and be at the forefront of the next major tech disruption – decentralized programmable money – apply to join us.
You will be able to enjoy:
- A flat and fully remote structure, with team members in The United States, Ukraine, Israel, Germany, Taiwan, Poland and more.
- Open source exposure
- Agile, sprints-based work methods at flexible hours
- Bi-weekly team updates
- Full responsibility for the quality and delivery of major platform components
- A chance to work closely with the Spacemesh world-class researchesTal Moran andIddo Bentov
- Working closely with the open-source community
- A tokens package and a competitive salary
- CI (currently on Github Actions).
- Managed network monitoring and alerting.
- Managed web services.
- Mainnet infrastructure maintenance and automation
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps or automation development from scratch - Must
- 2+ years of experience in working with large-scale K8s clusters on GC or AWS - Must
- Former experience with distributed systems - Must
- Former experience with Docker, Bash, Kubernetes - Must
- Former experience with elasticsearch, configuration management (e.g. ansible, terraform) - Must
- Good coding skills (Go, JS, or Python) - Nice to have
In addition to the technical requirements, the candidate must possess the ability and willingness to do all of the following:
- Based in European time zone
- Have good spoken and written English skills
- Be flexible and humble and accept that the vision cannot be perfect and will require updating and perhaps pivoting while it’s being implemented.
- Be a shipper- someone who cares about- and is capable of actually shipping working code early and often.
- Ability to extract requirements for both the long term and the immediate term. Proactiveness to anticipate issues and mitigate them ahead of time.