Lead/Senior Backend Developer
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Backend Developer to join or lead our backend engineering team. This role is ideal for a professional with a deep understanding of blockchain technology, and proficiency in Rust. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining backend systems and smart contracts that are efficient, secure, and scalable. A focus on best practices and a keen attention to detail are essential in this role.
Zeta was started by a tightly-knit team with backgrounds in high frequency trading (HFT), top Silicon valley tech companies and prominent centralised crypto exchanges (CEXs). They’re backed by some of the leading investors in the crypto space such as Electric Capital, Jump Capital, Race Capital, Wintermute and many more. Zeta’s platform has facilitated over $1.5B in trading volume over the last year and currently caters to over 20 thousand active users per week.
- Design and implement smart contracts on Solana, pertaining to the exchange as well as other pieces of work such as token engineering.
- Work on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to - building trading systems for liquidity provision, backend servers and APIs.
- Uphold code quality, security, and scalability by adhering to best practices, conducting rigorous testing, and maintaining detailed documentation.
- Collaborate with various teams to design and implement innovative solutions, including external counterparties.
- 5+ years of experience in backend development.
- A strong understanding of the nuances of smart contract development as well as blockchain technology. (Solana preferred but not essential).
- Strong expertise in Rust.
- Experience with financial markets and trading systems is highly advantageous.
- Experience as a crypto-native user in DeFi and exposure to DeFi in general (awareness of what is happening in the industry).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- This is a full-time position requiring occasional on-call availability for urgent issues.
- The role may involve collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- It is a remote role, however preference for someone with timezones aligning with SGT.